[arm-allstar] Baofeng 888s, RIM-Lite, RPi Allstar node low audio.

Mike kf5dey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 19:32:47 EST 2018

Thanks to hamvoip.org and others I built an Allstar node using the
Baofeng 888s, a RIM-Lite interface and a Raspberry Pi.

First of all it does work, I can connect to repeaters using DTMF
commands, I hear audio from my system as well as the linked repeaters
just fine.

I haven't tried transmitting to a live repeater yet (don't want to make
an offensive mess of the audio)  But I did link to a UK allstar node
that is set up as an echo test or 'parrot'. Node#40894

On that node when I make a test call, my returned audio is very low with
a bit of hum.   I have set up the Allstar software on the pi to 999
volume and boost the RX...I needed that just to get the Pi to hear the
DTMF tones.

Where can I start trouble shooting for the low audio...and it is the RX
audio (green wire if you use the hamvoip.org wiring.   I tried a 56k
resistor (don't have a 68K)  tried a 10k resistor and tried no resistor
on the RX audio.

TX audio is just fine.  Radio audio is just fine when operating not
connected to the RIM-Lite.

Thanks,

Mike