[arm-allstar] Node RX not repeating

NV6V nv6v at calaverasars.org
Mon Apr 2 11:18:48 EST 2018

Greetings to the Group,

I'm working on setting up my first node and have reached a snag.
The node transmits OK.  I can trigger it from Supermon.  I can connect
and disconnect
using this method.  I can monitor audio from connected nodes OK (PTT
triggers and audio is transmitted through
the node radio).
I cannot seem to get the node to process RX audio from the node radio,
though.  PTT does not trigger.

Node radio is a UV5R interfaced through mic and spkr jacks (no COS).
Then to an AriUSB fob.
When the radio receives, I have measured voltage at the pin on the fob.
In simple-usb-tune,
selection 2 (RX voice level) I can see incoming signal and have adjusted
it successfully
using that option and also using the volume knob on the node radio.
Testing with my voice and DTMF,
I cannot get the signal to repeat, however.  The asterisk CLI does not
show DTMF being decoded.  Using Supermon
to select parrot mode, no audio is repeated back.

Firmware: 1.5rc4-16
HamVoip AllStar: 1.4.23-pre.hamvoip-V1.5.3-23app_rpt-0.327-03/1/2018
Kernal: 4.4.44-1-ARCH

rpt.conf: duplex=1, COSFROM=no, CTCSSFROM=no

Supermon shows the node as a private node.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

---
Andy Thomas
Secretary, Calaveras Amateur Radio Society, Inc.
http://calaverasars.org