[arm-allstar] hamvoip V1.5 update

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Tue Sep 26 11:48:45 EST 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 9:36 AM, "Doug Crompton via arm-allstar"
<arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> wrote:
> - Adds the argon2 encryption tools as a dependency (for dns-lookup)

Can you elaborate on this? What protocols does it use over the
network? We have many Allstar nodes on ham microwave networks and
cannot use encryption. Cryptographic signatures are okay and allow for
message authentication and integrity, but ciphers must be disabled.

> - Includes hamvoip RSA public keys in /root/.ssh folder (for dns-lookup)

Can you elaborate on this? What exactly is added and where? Does this
create a backdoor for root SSH access to the node? That's the
impression I get from that description.

Will the keys I already have in /root/.ssh/authorized_keys still be
present after the update? I don't want to get locked out of my node.

Tom KD7LXL