[arm-allstar] Simplex Mode 1 Issues

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 21:56:38 EST 2017

Justin,

 The ping-pong effect is caused by the courtesy tone. You have a choice of
using duplex=0 but then you would have no connection messages. What you
should do is use duplex=1 and  nounkeyct=1 - this command is already in
rpt.conf but set to 0.  This should work in your situation.

Another option in a case where a repeater has no Internet access and thus
no ability to directly run Allstar is to have its output PL follow the
input PL. Then your remote node would not hear any tail transmission and
would respond just like the repeater user was coming directly to your node.
Carrying that a step further the repeater could have two different output
PL's, one following the input and the other the output. In that scenario
repeater users would use the output PL and your remote node the input PL.