[arm-allstar] arm-allstar Digest, Vol 40, Issue 10

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Thu Sep 14 12:51:06 EST 2017

On 9/14/2017 1:00 PM, arm-allstar-request at hamvoip.org wrote:

***DELETIA***
> [...]
Nice stuff,  Doug.  In the interim, I've been following the directions
(pardon the side comment) at
https://allstarlink.org/proxy.html which details a proxy/slave setup
which I've been using for about 2 years
over an AT&T hotspot.  Yes, there is some configuration and
registration, but it's been stable and worked all
around the country as I travel for my job.  Haven't tried it on your
distro yet, but may be in the cards as I stand
up a 220 at Southampton in the near future (getting the stationamaster
hung this weekend on the tower).

Zoiper.  Set up the inbound for VOX (I know, but there is no good way
around this programatically), and use the mute button in the app to
control the repeater. Alternatively, since I don't like holding a phone
to talk on the radio...) I built an interface cable for a Heil HT boom
mic headset that has a NO PTT button in the mic (Push the button, and
the mic is live) + lead.  Couple jacks for the headset, one 4-conductor
plug for the i-whatever, and works just fine, and the operating
principle is the same...push the button, key the repeater, release, and
hear the courtesy tone.

FWIW, of course.

Bryan WB0YLE/W2FUV
Morrisville PA