[arm-allstar] FIFO Overflow

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Oct 30 23:21:01 EST 2017

Hi Josh,

Hum...I'm not sure about the FIFO errors--that shouldn't happen during
normal operation. What this message means is that Asterisk isn't reading
audio frames from the simpleusb driver fast enough and the RX audio buffer
is overflowing....But, that message was mainly for testing/debugging. I
don't think I've ever seen it in normal operation. I run several RPi3
boards with 2 fob interfaces, and I've tested with three fobs.

My suspicion is that this is caused by some config oops in either rpt.conf
or simpleusb.conf.  In rpt.conf, for each node, carefully check the
"rxchannel = SimpleUSB/*" statements.  And, check the
/etc/asterisk/simpleusb_tune_* file and make sure they have the correct
USB device addresses.

If all else fails, I (or Doug?) can take a look at the config files, if
you'd like.

73, David KB4FXC