[arm-allstar] simpleusb realtime RX telemetry

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Oct 1 14:16:36 EST 2017

Hi Guys,

Well, yes, via hackery telemetry results can be obtained.

THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED! That internal interface was designed for
simpleusb-tune-menu, not other applications, and may change at any time! I
can almost guarantee it will change!

The better solution is to get results from the Asterisk Manager interface,
similar to the mechanisms used by AllMon and Supermon.

As the old sports car adage goes: Your mileage will vary between the
required tune-ups!

73, David KB4FXC

On Sun, 1 Oct 2017, "Tony Ross via arm-allstar" wrote:

> On 10/01/2017 12:14 AM, "Richard Bateman via arm-allstar" wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a way from a script (or the asterisk
> console) to get the simpleusb RX telemetry like in the "V" option of
> simpleusb-tune-menu?
>
> REALTIME RX TELEMETRY DISPLAY:
>      COS     |   COS   |  COS   |  CTCSS  |   CTCSS    |  PTT
> (composite) | (input) | (test) | (input) | (override) |
> ^C CLEAR    |  KEYED  | CLEAR  |  CLEAR  |   CLEAR    | CLEAR
>
> I just want to get the status of those 6 items for use in a monitoring script.

Use "expect" after installing it via "pacman -S expect". Then build the
script:

autoexpect /usr/bin/simpleusb-tune-menu

and after entering the desired inputs "V" etc., run the resultant script
from the command line or via cron, and parse its output to get what you
want, e.g.:

# ./script.exp | grep -A3 "^REAL"
REALTIME RX TELEMETRY DISPLAY:
     COS     |   COS   |  COS   |  CTCSS  |   CTCSS    | PTT
(composite) | (input) | (test) | (input) | (override) |
    CLEAR    |  CLEAR  | CLEAR  | IGNORE  |   CLEAR    | CLEAR

The man pages for expect and autoexpect are of course more informative,
but this simple example should pique your interest as it meets your request.

.