[arm-allstar] Wired tethering to phone (modem) usb or ethernet

Terry Bethlehem kd4ont at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 15:05:17 EST 2017

Does this distro have the ability to, like a pc, plug a phone into it, usb
cable, and the os of the pi can use the phone as a modem? Reason behind
this is that I sometimes get packet loss when doing wireless tether. I'd
like to try this and see if it fixes the problem and has better
performance.

I thought about using an otg adapter, then a Linux compatible usb to rj45
adapter and feed the pi Internet. I've seen videos where the android phone
could be fed Internet this way, but haven't found any info yet about the
other way around. The phone providing Internet to the pi.