[arm-allstar] WX broadcast

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun May 28 16:48:40 EST 2017

Hi David,

Retransmission of weather radio broadcasts is in the best case a
serious "grey area of the FCC regulations." In most situations, where
weather radio, etc., can be easily received by a consumer device,
retransmission is prohibited.

See FCC Part 97.113, sections: (a)(5), (b) and (c).

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/47/97.113

....BTW, I wish this was not what the regulations require....I went as far
as to get an opinion from legal council about this a couple years ago, and
they agreed that this was taboo, unfortunately.

73, David KB4FXC

On Sun, 28 May 2017, "David Morley via arm-allstar" wrote:

> I am not familiar with Linux programming, but I would like to connect
my scanner to my raspberry pi and play the WX frequency on my repeater by
enter a DTMF code on my radio to open that connection. Is there a way to
do that or should I install the wx.sh ?????