[arm-allstar] Connection has been unexpectedly closed

ssedgwick ssedgwick at suddenlink.net
Wed May 24 10:18:56 EST 2017

We are having a problem logging into the pi via putty or winSCP.  Running version 1.5 Allstar image on a Raspberry pi. When logging in via putty, it ask for the user and the password.  As soon as I type in the password, I can see that it’s going to the setup screen, but then the screen disappears.  Note, I am using the correct user name and password...

When trying to log in via winSCP, using the normal SFTP, after entering the user name and password I get the following message.  CONNECTION HAS BEEN UNEXPECTEDLY CLOSED, SERVER SENT COMMAND EXIT STATUS 132  CANNOT INITIALIZE SFTP PROTOCOL.  IS THE HOST RUNNING A SFTP SERVER.

If I switch to SCP instead of SFTP in winSCP, I can log into the pi.  It seems the SFTP server may not be running, but I don’t know what to do about that.

The node is located at a remote site, and I’m logging in from my home to the remote site.  Note; even when someone at the remote site using a computer on the same network as the pi try the same thing, they get the exact same results as I do from my home, so it’s not something to do with logging in remotely.

Any idea’s?

Thanks,
Steve_WB8GRS