[arm-allstar] Fwd: Hacked?

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 21:03:24 EST 2017

Justin,

  For any of this you have to determine where it was coming from. Was the
guy connected directly to you or coming to you from somewhere else. I call
them the weekend bandits. These things usually happen on the weekend when
everyone is home and playing.

You can turn off your phone portal at allstarlink.org and if that does not
work you could disable it in iax.conf. It does require a pin number which
is in your account profile. I doubt anyone is coming into your system
directly as they would have to know that pin. They could be coming into
another system and appearing in your list though. The only recourse you
would have would be to disconnect the offending node. lsnodes is a good
tool to find problems. You can see an entire list and then go to the bubble
map to see how the connections are being made.

The same is true for Echolink. If it is coming into you directly (you have
echolink setup) you can deny or allow echolink nodes in the config file. If
it is coming to you via Allstar from someone else echolink the only thing
you can do is disconnect that Allstar station.