[arm-allstar] FT-2900R COS Signal

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 22:48:44 EST 2017

I highly recommend NOT using a audio squelch circuit like this. It
ultimately causes trouble especially if you are connected to a hub with
many other nodes. It is not tolerant of noise and because it requires
keying and unkeying delays it works poorly. The radio you specify does not
have an external COS. It would be much better to find a radio that is more
"interfaceable" Depending on what you want to do the Baofeng 888 has been
used a great deal for personal local nodes. It does require modification
and details are on the hamvoip.org web page. If you are unwilling to take
that on there is a source of modified 888's. If you are interested drop me
a private email. Also any of the Alinco DRx35 series radios are easily
interface through a rear panel DB9. There are many other radios that will
work. Any radio with a 6 pin din or DB9 is usually easily interfaced.