[arm-allstar] No RX on Echolink.

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 16:42:40 EST 2017

Steve,

 First of all you need to have your radio setup correctly independent of
Echolink. If you go into the simple-usb-tune-menu there is a 'v' option
which allows you view the COS and PTT signals. When you key the radio
talking to your node radio you should see a key indication in cos input.
When you unkey it should show clear. If this is reversed you need to change
either from usb to usbinvert or vica versa.  Once you have this setup
correctly you should hear a courtesy tone when you unkey and you should be
able to use DTMF. Try *81 to see if it plays the time. You will also
probably have to set the levels - items 2 and 3. All this is detailed in
the setup instructions.

Once that is setup you need to make sure echolink is setup correctly. There
is also a howto on this on the web page - hamvoip.org.  You need to have
port forwarding and you can only have one Echolink existence per public IP.
If you do use a smart phone running echo link it must be using the cell
network for Internet and not your local wifi where the Pi is running.