[arm-allstar] No RX on Echolink.

Stephen Grob sgrob at mtco.com
Fri Jun 23 10:09:33 EST 2017

I have built an AllStar node for use as an Echolink node for our club for use on ourVHF repeater.

I’m using hamvoip Asterisk 1.4.23-pre.hamvoip-V1.5.3-9-app_rpt-0.327-05/23/2017 and RPi2-3 Version 1.5rc3 Allstar - March 16, 2017 on an RPi3 with DMK/URIx connected to a Yaesu FT-2600M.

Transmit works fine (after setting TX levels) using the Android Echolink app on my phone but I don’t hear any RX through the phone. If I turn up the volume on the Yaesu, I can hear the RX through it clearly.

Experimenting with simpleusb-tune-menu, I changed COSFROM from usbinvert to usb and heard continuous hash on the phone. I changed it back to usbinvert as it should be but I think this exercise is a good clue that shows it’s something in my AllStar/Echolink configuration on the RPi3 and not the phone or the android app.

Any help for this noob will be much appreciated.

Steve
KD9AER