[arm-allstar] Are there an SNMP tools installed on the 1.5 image?

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Jul 30 16:21:32 EST 2017

Hi Tom,

No SNMP tools are pre-installed. However, you can get various tools from
the package archive with: pacman -S <packagename>

You can find a basic listing of available packages, here:
https://archlinuxarm.org/packages/

Looking that the monitoring software listed in the link you sent, many of
those packages are very comprehensive, but also VERY heavy. I'm not sure
I'd want to install this software on an RPi2/3 board and try to log to the
SD card or do packet inspection!

It goes without saying, of course, that you must very careful using SNMP,
since SNMP can generate some ugly security holes without great caution!

What type of network dropouts are you experiencing?

73, David KB4FXC