[arm-allstar] Feature request for single shutdown and boot gpio setup button switch.

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 09:20:42 EST 2017

The hardware shutdown howto is on the hamvoip.org web page howto/hardware
section. Here is a direct link to the howto -

https://hamvoip.org/hamradio/RPi2_halt_switch/

If you want a hardware shutdown you need to follow the directions there.
The shutdown_monitor.sh script has to be running as outlined in the howto.

It halts the processor. To restart you need to cycle the power. This would
be when you are at the site of the hardware obviously.

If you are not there you can use DTMF, log in via SSH, iaxrpt, or some
other means to send the halt or reboot command to Allstar remotely.

Also there is a lot of hype about shutting down improperly but in an
emergency you can just remove the power. I have done it many times both on
purpose and accidentally without a problem. One of the above methods is
certainly preferred but we don't always have that luxury. This also happens
often on our system with power failures. While this use to be a problem
with our computer systems it largely is not any more.