[arm-allstar] Interfacing into a Quantar

William Freeman william.paul.freeman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 10:28:29 EST 2017

Good morning, everyone!

I'm working on interfacing my Quantar (25w UHF P25/analog) into AllStar
Link on analog using the telco connector on the back. (P25 will be
standalone for now while I work on acquiring other things.) I am using a
URI and a RPIII.

I built the interface cable from the diagram on this list from June 19,
2016. That being said, I am not getting any audio to come in from the
network or go out over the network. Initially, the URI's red light was
always on and kept another AllStar repeater here in town keyed up. I
changed the "carrierfrom" in the simpleusb.conf, and that fixed that
problem. The URI's red light will turn on when its receiving audio from
across the network.

To me, it seems like the AllStar is somewhat configured properly, but there
is an issue somewhere. I noticed that within the RSS for Quantar there are
routing tables. Is this where the problem lies?

I've interface to GR-1225 and Maxtracs before, but this is definitely a
bigger beast that is a bit beyond my scope of understanding, but no better
chance than the present to learn.

Thanks in advance
Bill
--