[arm-allstar] Remote Allstar Node

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 12:08:21 EST 2017

John,

Well you could go a little crazy with this and if no one is there to talk
then really what difference does it make if the radio is on! The other
question is why would the radio not be on? Have you had problems with this
happening? Any programmed radio should come up on the last channel it was
on.

You could use a GPIO bit to determine if there is power at the radio but
that does not tell you if it is working. How about an RF detector connected
to a GPIO bit. You key the TX by talking to the node and see if there is
power. Like I said you could get carried away with this!

Another option is to have two nodes there and the second node could just be
an RX tuned to the output frequency of the first node. You connect the
nodes to two separate nodes at your end and see if the audio comes back.