[arm-allstar] V1.5 question

Justin Reed celltech161 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 19:19:06 EST 2017

Group,
I'm an experienced IRLP node owner but I'm pretty new to Allstar. I've
been waiting for v1.5 before deploying my node to a far away site, so I
could take advantage of the ability to apply updates rather than
flashing a whole new card.

Anyway, the question I have is, at the site I plan on deploying to, I
have a DSL connection where the modem is simply a bridge and I am not
using a router because I can get a public IP address for each device
plugged into the switch. These are DHCP assigned and will change on
occasion. Is there a way I can remotely see what the IP address is for
my Allstar node? IRLP has it's own DNS service similar to DynDNS so it's
a simple matter, but I wasn't sure if there was something similar for
Allstar. If I were smart enough I could maybe have the Pi e-mail me the
current IP address each time it changes, but I haven't explored that yet.

Thanks,
Justin
NV8Q
42460