[arm-allstar] V3 PI question

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 02:14:18 EST 2017

David,

 I assume you used a monitor and keyboard to set up your system and then
later you are trying to enter via ssh.

The default port is 222 and you said you changed that. You edited
/etc/ssh/sshd_config ???  You should not use 22 so try putting it back to
222.

If you connect a monitor and keyboard you can ssh to yourself there to test
it. At the Linux prompt -

ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 222

This should take you through the login process and you will get the admin
screen when you get logged in. Exit from there and you will be back to the
original prompt.

One thing that often fouls people up is the username you are connecting
with when ssh'ing from another host. To be safe do an ssh this way to the
Allstar server.

ssh root at 127.0.0.1 -p 222

If from an external source you would use the real local IP address of the
Pi.

If this works then I think you have something crazy going on with your
network. Is it possible you have two devices on the same IP address? Check
in your router.

Many use putty in Windows and with that you just put in the IP address and
222 for the port. It will probably ask you a security question which you
say yes to then login with user and pass.

If all else fails rewrite an image and try again. Login immediately using
SSH and not a keyboard and monitor. You can setup that way just as well.