[arm-allstar] Baofeng 888 and URI

Dan Ozment dan at ozment.net
Sun Feb 19 18:11:35 EST 2017

I've been following the threads since the 1.5 release, and I'm excited to
jump back into Allstar.  So, I'm trying to resurrect my node, and finish up
a Baofeng 888 and URI connection.  Not sure if I've done something wrong
with the cable or if I don't have the software configured correctly.  When
the Allstar node transmits the 888 keys up and transmits perfectly.  But, it
never seems to hear me when I transmit to it.  I went through the simple USB
menu and attemopted to set the RX level.  Nothing I do seems to cause it to
show audio on the graph.

I noticed that when I transmit from another radio the LED on the 888 lights
green and stays while I'm transmitting,  But, sometime it starts green and
then turns red.  Almost like it's transmitting.

I have uploaded a photo of the Baofeng side to
http://www.ozment.net/20170219_164753.jpg, and I will describe what I've
done there and how I have it connected on the URI 25 PIN connector.  My
guide for setting up the connection was
http://crompton.com/hamradio/baofeng888/.

In the photo I made the following connections following the multiple
diagrams as best as I could.

The green wire has a 68k resistor and connects to the high side of the pot.

The orange and orange/white wires are the speaker (got tired of unsoldering
and resoldering the originals)

Black has a 10k resister and goes to mic

Red goes to PTT

Blue is GND

White is COS.

I removed the mic.

On the URI I have:

Black to pin 22

Green to 21

Blue to 19

White to 9

Red to 1

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?