[arm-allstar] Node radios

Kerry McKenzie kermck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 03:54:07 EST 2017

Greetings all
Before I remark on anything I have to congratulate the authors of this
great software as using the latest version I have had great success setting
up a node, absolutely brilliant!
Now node radios, having now setup several other Dstar nodes and packet
radio nodes I have always used commercial radios for the task and never had
any problems.
I broke my own rules with allstar and tried using several cheap chinese
radios for the task. Both failed terriblely because they are just not tight
enough with their specs. I went out and purchased a Hytera 652 radio setup
the telemetry port on the rear using the Uri controller and have not looked
back. The recovered audio is superb and receiver is very tight and does not
suffer interference that the cheaper radios experienced and the reports
from the users is excellent.
So if I can lend any advice in this forum don’t cheat your hard work with a
cheap end radio, spend the money and install a good quality commercial
radio on your node as the results are outstanding.
I am about to link this with our local repeater once I figure where to turn
off the tones and voice ident but. I’m sure I will find out how to do this
shortly, however the main reason for my comments was using a good quality
radio for your node makes a world of difference and takes away any hard
work and problems.
This forum is great as I’m learning so much!
Regards Kerry VK4TUB