[arm-allstar] WIFI Issue

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Wed Aug 16 16:08:10 EST 2017

I've often had RPis stop responding over wifi. I wrote a script that I
run on the Pi to resolve the problem (rather primitively):

/home/pi/check_network_and_reboot:
#!/bin/bash
ROUTER_IP=192.168.1.1
( ! /bin/ping -c1 $ROUTER_IP >/dev/null 2>&1 ) && sudo /sbin/shutdown
-r now >/dev/null 2>&1

Then I have a crontab like this:
*/10 * * * * /home/pi/check_network_and_reboot

The script reboots the Pi when the networking stops working. In my
experience a reboot is all that has been necessary to get the wifi
working again.

Tom KD7LXL