[arm-allstar] BCD Remote Base Dual Node HELP!!!!!

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 23:10:10 EST 2017

Bobby,

 You said Dave and I think you meant Doug.   Anyhow glad to hear you got it
going.

What you are asking could be done but would require some script writing. As
far as announcements the BCD script I sent could say what ever you want to
your local nodes after a channel is changed. You just need to send the
voice message out to them. Knowing the channel number in the script you
could do the following -

Lets assume the channel number is defined as $Channel in the script and the
two nodes you wanted to play to were 40000 and 40001.

/usr/sbin/asterisk "rpt localplay 40000 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/channel"
/usr/sbin/asterisk "rpt localplay 40000
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/$Channel"
/usr/sbin/asterisk "rpt localplay 40001 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/channel"
/usr/sbin/asterisk "rpt localplay 40001
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/$Channel"

This would play the word "channel" and the actual channel number to both
nodes. I think this is what you wanted. Setting it up to work with supermon
would not be hard but would require some scripting. I don't think there is
any way to know what channel it is currently on other than storing the
change to a file or environment variable and reading it back. So in the BCD
script you might do something like this after the channel was changed.

echo $Channel > /tmp/last_channel

Then it could be read back in another script to determine what channel you
are currently on.