[arm-allstar] ARRL news Problem

Mike Dell mike at blubrry.com
Mon Aug 7 17:41:07 EST 2017

This is simply a file naming issue.  I’m assuming that whoever named the
file didn’t include the zero by mistake and it’s likely a one time issue.

If it was renamed this time, everyone that is subscribed now would get the
file again. I would suggest just fixing it in your script for this issue.

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 6:35 PM Doug Crompton <wa3dsp at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​Below is a mail conversation with the ARRL regarding the fact that the
> playnews script is no longer working for ARRL news. It had been working up
> until now. They apparently have made the month's preceding 0 digit for less
> than 10 go away. This makes it incompatible with any simple built-in Linux
> date formatting. This obviously can be fixed but before I do permanently I
> need to find out if this is just a temporary problem or it will continue
> this way. It makes me mad when they cannot stick to a standard way of doing
> things! ​I am also in contact with blubrry technical support.
>
> If and until this is resolved here is a fix you can add to the current
> playnews to resolve the ARRL news problem -
>
> # Set to ARRL URL
> #Temporary fix - Maybe!
> Year=`date --date="last friday" +%Y`
> Month=`date --date="last friday" +%m`
> Month=`echo $Month | sed 's/^0*//'`
>
> Day=`date --date="last friday" +%d`
>
> # comment out old way
> #ARRL_URL="http://content.blubrry.com/arrlaudionews/AAN-$(date
> --date="last friday" +%Y-%m-%d).mp3"
>
> ARRL_URL="
> http://content.blubrry.com/arrlaudionews/AAN-$Year-$Month-$Day.mp3"
>

> Doug:
>

> In your URL you added a zero before the 8 in the file date. It should be:
> http://content.blubrry.com/arrlaudionews/AAN-2017-8-04.mp3
>

> 73 . . . Steve Ford, WB8IMY
>
> QST Editor

Mike Dell Blubrry & RawVoice Support o: 877-RawVoic m: 231-715-1366
twitter: mgdell