[arm-allstar] modify cm108 fobs

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 21:53:49 EST 2017

Alan,

 Glad that eliminating the pot worked out for you. I am surprised that a
100K pot in the maximum through signal position had that much effect. That
would be like putting a 100K resistor to ground from that line which I
would not think would have a great effect. Are you sure it was a 100K pot
and turned all the way up?

The circuit you are using is not unlike the one we generally use. I prefer
a FET (2n7000) for the PTT keying device with a 10K resistor from the FOB
to the gate and a diode from source to drain. The COS is through a Schottky
diode and the audio lines we generally put resistors in series of 5-50K for
level reduction if necessary. All very simple.