[arm-allstar] New Wx, minor enhancement

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 10:46:10 EST 2017

Chris,

The weather.sh script uses the Linux locate command to find the audio file
relating to the current conditions.  Thus if the condition was "sunny" it
would use the /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/sunny.gsm file. If the condition was
"mostly sunny" it would concatenate the mostly.gsm and sunny.gsm from the
same directory to form a single gsm file that says "mostly sunny"

Weather stuff is a moving target and what works now may not work tomorrow.
I wrote it in a way that it could be updated in the future if necessary.
Weatherunderground does have an API and I will look into it. I have two
stations myself. It would require registration but I think if you have a
station it is routine. Higher usages have costs involved but I doubt an
individual users would ever get to that point.

What Barry was eluding to was the fact that there is now showers.gsm file
so if the condition is "showers" it would not play. However there is a
rainy.gsm file so copying that file to showers.gsm solves the problem. If
the condition is "showers" it will say "rainy"

Tell me more about the sound files you assembled? Is it something you would
share? If so I would like to take a look at it. Having other word options
is always good.

IRLP is still at beta level and has not bee n distributed to even the beta
testers as yet.