[arm-allstar] RPi3 wireless.

Larry larry at thunderbolt.net
Fri Apr 28 23:27:47 EST 2017

I am unable to get my wireless network to work on the latest Arm 1.5
version. (I did the latest upgrade)

I know I must be doing something wrong but haven't any idea what.
The new menu shows no errors when I configure the wireless but I can
never obtain an IP from the wireless access point. Wired Internet works
perfect.

I do have somewhat of a different set up. I am using a wireless router
configured as just an access point and it does not do DHCP.
DHCP addresses are provided by the main router for all wired and
wireless devices.
I have numerous other wireless devices all auto connecting that work fine.

I tried setting the access point's wireless security to Open, WEP,
WPA-PSK and matched the settings on the Pi3. Rebooted and get nothing.
Do see a message pop on the screen when using a monitor/keyboard about
it not having a IPv6 connection. My system is set only for IPv4.
Don't know if that might be something I need to look at.
Tried #7 menu everyway I can think of. Wireless detects my SSID and has
40/70 signal strength. just doesn't obtain an IP
IP readback gives 127.0.0.1 whenever it boots without wired Internet
hooked up.

What (non menu) wireless program is used to configure the wireless
device on the Arm PI3?

I did have a friends Pi3 IRLP node that had wired connect issues. I was
told to download and use wcid to do network configure for both
wired/wireless for the IRLP Pi3 node.
Did that and afterwards it all worked perfect while it was at my location.
Didn't know if doing that would break anything on the Arm 1.5 version as
the IRLP unit was a debian Jessie node.

I am assuming this Pi3 wireless works for everyone else and its just me
having trouble?

So asking for pointers.

Larry - N7FM