[arm-allstar] Low Audio Level from Zoiper into node, out RF

no1pc at yahoo.com no1pc at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 13:10:51 EST 2016

Thank you. Good info!  :)

      From: David McGough <kb4fxc at inttek.net>
 To: NO1PC via arm-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org>
Cc: no1pc at yahoo.com
 Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 9:06 AM
 Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] Low Audio Level from Zoiper into node, out RF

Hi Jim,

Your concerns about low audio levels in Zoiper have been found by other
users and discussed at length, previously. This is a Zoiper problem, not
an Asterisk/AllStar problem. I don't know if any fix has been found or
not, the best solution is more flexible adjustment in the Zoiper software.
Interestingly, the iPhone version of Zoiper appears less configurable than
the Android version...I'm not sure why.

On a side note, this problem isn't just with AllStar or Asterisk versions,
it's preset when using Zoiper with Asterisk as a standard phone PBX as
well.

Your AllStar audio levels should definitely be setup from the perspective
of the node radio hardware, not an IAX connected application, like Zoiper.
Even if you can adjust the audio on your local node to "fix" the low level
issue, you won't be able to adjust the audio coming from other nodes you
connect to.

Since these types of audio level issues continue to rear their heads, we
may look for some kind of work-around.

73, David KB4FXC

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016, NO1PC via arm-allstar wrote:

> Is there any way to increase/adjust the audio level coming from iax/Zoiper?
> I have somewhat low audio from the Android version, which improved
slightly turning off the AGC at the droid App.
> I have extremely low audio from the iPhone app.
> Sadly thinking that audio adjustments of the node-radio might have to
reference the iax connections first, then adjust most likely down, the
radio source level in USB config.  That changes things considerably as
what WOULD be a standard level set from iax sources?