[arm-allstar] weather ... or not

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Sep 7 20:45:26 EST 2016

Hi Ken,

I think the text forecast info is still available, but NOAA has shuffled
everything around and changed the formatting, etc. Some discovery work
will be required to figure a new strategy out. Here is one example of the
new forecast summary text:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=34.2124&lon=-77.9113&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=text&TextType=1

Ultimately, I expect we'll have an updated solution. The V1.5 release in
testing now includes several new hamvoip specific packages, including the
WX scripts, the flite TTS engine w/arctic voices and a VoiceRSS connector.
I expect we'll have a Cepstral modules, too.

I'll also mention that I expect V1.5 will get released before the WX
scripting is completed.  For those users wishing to add WX capability, a
simple pacman update to install the needed packages will get you going.

BTW, if someone would like to poke around the NOAA website and develop a
solution, you're certainly welcome to proceed! Help in this area would be
appreciated!

73, David KB4FXC