[arm-allstar] playnews-0.9

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 15:01:57 EST 2016

Robert,

 You can put playnews and its associated files wherever you want but I
recommend making a directory under /etc/asterisk/local called playnews.
Then change the VOICEDIR variable in the script to point to that directory.
Don't change /tmp - that is a ramdisk - you don't want to be writing all
the temporary files to the SD when it runs. Here is my cron - obviously sub
your node, times. etc.

30 20 * * 1 /etc/asterisk/local/playnews/playnews-0.9 ARRL 21:01 27225

Start script at 8:30 PM on  Monday. Actually play ARRL news at 9:01 PM to
node 27225. Node has to be on the same server as the playnews script. Play
globally.

I hope that answers your question. Let me know how you make out.