[arm-allstar] BF-888S Modification Service

wa3gm wa3gm at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 14:25:51 EST 2016

Ok Devan,
How and when do I pay you??
Tnx
Greg  Wa3gm

-------- Original message --------From: Devan Phillis via arm-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Date: 10/4/16  10:49 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: arm-allstar at hamvoip.org Cc: Devan Phillis <devan at kd8mst.org> Subject: [arm-allstar] BF-888S Modification Service

    All,
    Due to some family health issues I am a good ways behind on
          getting orders sent out, in addition to that Doug and I
          stumbled across something that I have been doing incorrectly
          when modifying the sound fobs.
    Any one who has ordered a BF-888S
            modified radio and fob combo I have made a goof! I left out
            a transistor in the USB sound fob that should be there....
            an oversight... the radio will work as it should for the
            most part.... nearly no-one will actually see an issue. If
            you experience an issue it will be in the form of when
            asterisk gets restarted (astres.sh command) the 888 will
            lock up on tx... if you simply turn the radio off and back
            on it will clear the issue and it will operate normally.
            What I will be doing is building and testing a bunch more
            radios and I will contact each individual personally to see
            about getting the old traded out for the new. Keep in mind
            this will take me some time, and I will be getting them done
            as quickly as possible. I will ship the new free of charge
            and all I ask is that you ship the old one back upon
            receiving and getting the new one working so that I can fix
            my goofs and re-test and get them working.

    I will be completing new orders first and then I will be
          contacting those who have the modified sound fobs with 888S
          radios to get them swapped out!

          If you currently have an order in with me, I am looking at 2-3
          weeks before that order will ship. I will keep you all in the
          loop on my progress. Thank you for being so patient with me in
          my time of troubles and bearing with the delay.

          If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to
          contact me off the forum at devan at kd8mst.org, also my contact
          information and all the info provided here can be found on my
          website www.kd8mst.org

          Again thank you for your patience.

    Devan KD8MST