[arm-allstar] Allstar on an HT

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Mar 20 17:35:11 EST 2016

Hi Dan,

Yes, I second Doug's comments: A pair of Baofeng 888 will make a fantastic
"backyard" repeater.

As already mentioned, most of these inexpensive HT's don't have
discriminator audio available at all. But, hardware COS signaling is
obtainable inside the radio without much effort. And, at the price of
the 888 radio, dedicating them to tasks (like a little repeater) won't
break the bank!

73, David KB4FXC