[arm-allstar] 2 RTCM's for voting application with one not showing COR

Stuart Whitmire whitstu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:24:06 EST 2016

Good evening all,

I just got my second RTCM in and I'm attempting to use 1 as a
master/transmit and the other as a RX only voting site.

The master RTCM appears to be working fine. However the RX only RTCM does
not give me a COR indication, no matter if I program the COR logic to be
active low or active high on my Motorola XPR mobile.

On the master RTCM, I'm using COR to active low and it's working just fine.
On my RX only site, I have it currently set to active high. And the XPR
radio is sending 5 volts into the CTCSS pin on the RTCM. Going through the
status page of the RX only RTCM, I see the EXT CTCSS IN value change
according to if it receives a qualified signal or nothing. However the COR
always stays at 0. On the master RTCM the COR will change from 0 to 1 and
allow audio to pass and be voted.

Here are some screenshots of the RX only voting site:

This one with no qualified signal into the receiver:

S/W Version: 1.50 04/25/2015
System Uptime: 1310.9 Secs
IP Address: 172.30.10.106
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 172.30.10.254
Primary DNS: 172.30.10.249
Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8
DHCP: 1
VOTER Server IP: 172.17.0.100
VOTER Server UDP Port: 667
OUR UDP Port: 667
GPS Lock: 1
Connected: 1
*COR: 0*
*EXT CTCSS IN: 0*
PTT: 0
RSSI: 0
Current Samples / Sec.: 8000
Current Peak Audio Level: 104
Squelch Noise Gain Value: 0, Diode Cal. Value: 41, *SQL pot 395*
Current Time: Mon  Jul 25, 2016  21:07:02.980
Last Rx Pkt System time: <System Time Not Set>, diff: 602007768 msec
Last Rx Pkt Timestamp time: <System Time Not Set>, diff: 0 msec
Last Rx Pkt index: 0, inbounds: 0

Here is a qualified signal into the same receiver:

S/W Version: 1.50 04/25/2015
System Uptime: 1506.4 Secs
IP Address: 172.30.10.106
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 172.30.10.254
Primary DNS: 172.30.10.249
Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8
DHCP: 1
VOTER Server IP: 172.17.0.100
VOTER Server UDP Port: 667
OUR UDP Port: 667
GPS Lock: 1
Connected: 1
*COR: 0*
*EXT CTCSS IN: 1*
PTT: 0
RSSI: 0
Current Samples / Sec.: 8000
Current Peak Audio Level: 6944
Squelch Noise Gain Value: 0, Diode Cal. Value: 41, *SQL pot 395*
Current Time: Mon  Jul 25, 2016  21:10:18.460
Last Rx Pkt System time: <System Time Not Set>, diff: 602203228 msec
Last Rx Pkt Timestamp time: <System Time Not Set>, diff: 0 msec
Last Rx Pkt index: 0, inbounds: 0

No matter what I set the logic to, the COR never goes to 1, like the master
RTCM does.

And I just tested the SQL pot value set at 0 and still no COR indication.

Also I have these receivers sitting right on top of one another. So I don't
know if the GPS location would cause this RTCM to stay muted or not. Or if
it could be a setting in the voter.conf file or some other file.

I feel that I'm so close to finishing this thing....

Has anyone ever seen this issue before?

Regards,
Stu
WB4JGI