[arm-allstar] Echolink Error Code

John wb5nfc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:51:39 EST 2016

Thanks for the update, Doug. Hadn't considered the ping being turned off.

I've run out of troubleshooting time for today - got to make my way across
the state for a medical appointment. Dave isn't on the list yet, so I've
forwarded your email to him so he can compare echolink.conf files. I've
looked at it so many times that I probably won't see an error anyway
<grin>. I did not realize that there could be different passwords for -L
and -R. That's the first thing to check. I'm depending on Dave for that
information.

We had to wrestle with his router to get it to reserve a certain IP for the
Allstar Node. After several node reboots, that seems to be working OK. The
router is an Apple Airport Extreme.

BTW, I had the same issue with Echolink not loading until I changed the
delay value in /usr/local/etc/allstar.env

It certainly increases what was a speedy boot time, but Echolink seems to
load without error now on my node. Oh, and in both cases (K5FOY's node and
mine), we have actived the alpha-test version in the 1.02 code using your
instructions from RPi2/3 version 1.02 Install Notes.

Thanks for the help!

John