[arm-allstar] Echolink Error Code

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Jul 18 11:12:30 EST 2016

John,

 I forgot they must have ping turned off on their servers which is stupid from a troubleshooting point of view.
So the fact that you are not getting ping returns is not necessarily an indication of a problem.

Assuming you are using the same call and password you used with the IRLP node and it worked there then those should be correct. If you are using -L or -R then those can have different passwords for the same call. CALL-L or CALL-R are uppercase.

Here is a copy of my echolink.conf with password removed. Make sure your echolink node number matches the echolink call from the echolink database. Also their servers are screwy. Some work some do not. You MUST have three defined whether any one works or not.

[el0]
confmode=no
call=WA3DSP-L       ; Change this!
pwd=xxxxxxx          ; Change this!
name=Doug           ; Change this to your real name!
qth=Richboro, PA    ; Change this to your actual QTH!
email=doug at crompton.com ; Change this!
maxstns=20
rtcptimeout=10
node=147090         ; Echolink node number - Change this!
recfile=/tmp/recorded.gsm
astnode=40561       ; Change this to your active Allstar node number!
context=radio-secure
server1=server1.echolink.org
;server2=server5.echolink.org
server3=server3.echolink.org
server2=naeast.echolink.org
;nasouth.echolink.org
;servers.echolink.org
;backup.echolink.org
; Change following setting to your parameters
freq=446.1
tone=88.5
lat=40.223976
lon=-75.008529