[arm-allstar] Autopatch Inbound question

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jan 19 22:34:06 EST 2016

Bob,

 First of I would be careful about the legality of this. Anyone dialing that number, ham or not, would be connected to your node.

You do know there is already a public phone dial in for Allstar right?  One where you put a pin number in and select a node? Your pin number is at the Allstarlink site. Technically to be legal you would have to do something similar. At least to verify it is you or someone you gave authority to who is a ham.

Patches in general have fallen out of vogue with cellphones.

This could be done in a dial plan.

voip.ms has examples at their site for caturing the incoming call. You would basically take that and add in what you want to do with the call. For the DID incoming context in sip.conf you would put a 'context=xxxx'  as one of the statements and then in extensions.conf you would define that context. It would look roughly like this....

In sip.conf

[voipms]
canreinvite=no
context=dialin-radio
host=washington.voip.ms  ; or your selected host
secret=          ;your password
type=peer
username=     ;your account
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
fromuser=      ;your account
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
insecure=invite
nat=yes
qualify=2000

Add account and PW. Some of these commands may be different based on your system.

In extensions.conf -

[dialin-radio]
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,1,Rpt,node|S
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,n,Hangup

; where xxxxxxxxxx is your did number and node is the node on this server you want to connect to.

This is a guess for me as I have not done this and it always requires testing. Note this does not include any qualification of the caller which could be done in a more extensive dial plan.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio