[arm-allstar] Easy Digi

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Jan 9 17:18:46 EST 2016

Krys,

 You need to have a hardware COS signal to Allstar so the hardware you are using would have to have a vox circuit that asserted a hardware COS. In any event VOX can usually be made to work but is not a good idea. In every case I have seen it causes problems at some point.

The 2900 is not a good choice for an Allstar node radio given it has no external data connections. It would also be a waste of a good dual band radio. There are quite a few better choices from a $15 baofeng to a $160 Alinco that would work with a modified FOB or DMK URI.

Instructions on how to modify a FOB and interface a Baofeng 888  are at the hamvoip.org website. Neither are that difficult. With a few parts and a little effort you can have a complete radio and interface for under $30.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio