[arm-allstar] Two Questions ... Additional Information

Roland Smith rolandksmith at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:13:21 EST 2015

2: I understand how to run a command from the command line to connect or
disconnect a node. The documentation isn't clear to me how to make that
connection within rpt.conf. What would I enter and into which stanza to
connect to node 29277?

Doug Crompton replied:

On your second question I an not clear on what you want to do. There are
not connect commands in rpt.conf other than those created by a macro or
function based on DTMF commands or a  startup macro which would perform
functions on startup.

Perhaps you mean using the client to connect?

asterisk -rvvv

CLI>rpt fun <yournode> *329277

This would connect you by command line. I know I am not getting exactly
what you want to do so perhaps you could be more specific.

The additional information:

What I want to do is have node 29277 connect "automatically" whenever
Asterisk starts. Perhaps running a macro at startup would do what I want to
do. (if that's the better option, some info on how to set up a macro that's
run at startup would be very helpful!).

The reason is that occasionally the node has to be restarted, or is
restarted due to a power glitch. That means the connection into the
Hawaiian-Mainland Net goes away until I can manually make the connection.
Since this connection is always supposed to be there, I'd like it to be
made upon startup.

Thanks again for your help....

And any additional information on my Parrot mode question from anyone would
be very helpful.

Why would I use parrot mode? I'd like to map out the coverage for my node
using both an HT as well as a mobile device. A new node is going to come up
in a neighboring town and there probably will be some overlap in coverage,
so a coverage map of both nodes would be very helpful. Using Parrot mode
(while disconnected and running as a simplex repeater) I can transmit from
various places and hear back what the system heard. Once the coverage map
is completed, I wouldn't have much additional use for parrot mode.

Thanks!
--
Elder Roland Smith K7OJL
Laie Hawaii Temple Visitors' Center