[arm-allstar] remote command mode hangup issue

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Nov 30 02:58:51 EST 2015

Neil,

 I am not exactly following what you are doing. I presume you have these two nodes connected together. If there is a problem it would not be a specific RPi2 problem but rather a problem in the Allstar code.

The duplex setting in simpleusb..conf should always be set to 1.

Usually you send the remote command as an entire string WITH the trailing #. It is probably best to use a script to do this. DTMF sequences could be mapped to a remote command. In that way the actual command is never actually transmitted over the air.
If you need an example of a script I can send it to you personally. Remote commands are not to be taken lightly and should not be something you instruct or allow users to perform casually. Only trusted users who know how to use the command and send the proper terminator should be using it.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio