[arm-allstar] Auto conjest

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri May 29 20:56:57 EST 2015

Yes, I fully agree with Tim. Lots of possible problems.

At BOTH ends check for registration -

asterisk -rvvv

iax2 show registry

Another thing to check at BOTH ends....

grep <node> /tmp/rpt_extnodes

Where <node> is just the node number. It should return this:

[root at wa3dsp-40961-cm ~]# grep 27225 /tmp/rpt_extnodes
27225=radio at 73.30.112.57:4569/27225,73.30.112.57

Showing the IP address and port of the requested node.

Obviously you would do this at both locations for the opposing node. If one or the other end does not show a listing then it isn't going to connect. Both nodes need to know routing information for the other.

Also if you have changed the port from the default 4569 in iax.conf you MUST change the port at allstarlink.org for that server also to match and of course the port forwarding in your router to match.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio