[arm-allstar] RPi2 image file shasums-- Was: Arch vulnerabilities

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri May 1 15:04:25 EST 2015

Hi Fred,

Earlier, I confirmed that your shasum of the 4GB image file was accurate.

So, you've got to have some sort of local system problem, including
possibility a bad SD card or card reader/writer.

Our image file is almost 4GB in size. Are you sure you're not hitting some
32-bit OS limit which might present itself on -any- file bigger than 2GB?

Also, if you're seeing many re-reads of the source datafile, that may
be indicating hard drive failure on your computer?

Remember: From your host computer's perspective this is just binary data!
The dd command is simply copying that data. All other distros are also
binary data. From your host computers viewpoint, the only difference is
the size of the file--is doesn't matter what the file contents are!

73, David KB4FXC