[arm-allstar] RPi2 image file shasums-- Was: Arch vulnerabilities

Fred Moore fred at fmeco.com
Fri May 1 14:44:16 EST 2015

Doug, (and list)  I really am not trying to be controversial, nor am I
complaining, I actually very much appreciate the work you guys are
doing.. However as you most likely know the card class has nothing to do
with reading speed, it is 100%  only about the write speed.. I actually
when running don't plan on writing a lot of files..

The problem I was having was simple, The first time I attempted to dd
your image it was taking a huge amount of time after more than 1.5 hours
I aborted the dd, and fired up the tools to investigate what was going
on.  My investigation showed I could write the rasberrian iso at around
3.1 m/s to a  4 m/s device with no problems at all (just as I would
expect),    When I was writing to the same card with your image I was
only getting .9 m/s average and what looked like a huge number of
re-read's from the input file.. ,  I will track down why this is only
occurring on your image, and not others.. I have used 3 different
copies, of your image, they all show the same problem. Before anyone
asks they were not file links.. they were different files with different
inode numbers.

I have dd 2 other distributions today and they don't show any problem..
all write to this card at around 3-3.3 m/s, exactly what I would expect.
  I will investigate it further as soon as I have some time..   I won't
bother the list further on this subject..

I only asked if anyone else was having any issues they were seeing as I
didn't want to reinvent the wheel..

I do wonder why you recommend a class 10 card when the PI2 sd card you
can order directly from them is a class 6 ?   Anyway back to other
stuff.. I need to hook up a radio,  and get it working between stuff
that I have to do to keep my family eating..    BTW the card I am using
is branded Sandisk..  Fred