[arm-allstar] BBB Management Features

RICHARD AUBIN aubinri at bell.net
Sat Mar 28 16:05:00 EST 2015

I loaded and tested  your latest distro on a BBB ,thanks for the great  work, it works fine even on a 3G Cell data link.
I added  3  very light items on the image I now use to help remote management.
1- To make our repeater operators able to  manage their link I added a mini web page  that points to 5  cgi scripts  for the  following  commands (rpt stats Node # ,  BBB memory  CPU usage and login,  Connect to  node #, Disconnect from node # and Reboot BBB).
Here is a capture of the  web page screen

The web page is in french but can be translated rapidly if there is  any interest .
I am  not a programmer  so my scripts are very crude .. Feel free to  comment on any  improvements .....
To run the scripts , the  web user needs an  entry in sudo   with cmd visudo addhttp ALL = NOPASSWD :/usr/bin/reboothttp ALL = NOPASSWD :/usr/bin/asterisk
Webpage is not passwd protected but no damage  other than  disconnect is permitted ..
See  my 4 scripts attached to the email and  the index.html  i use .
Next to do is to add  commands in the BBB install script  to  customize my cgi scripts ..
 2-  Added support  for   WEBDAV in BBB  Apache server  to edit /etc/asterisk  ( Passwd protected non root user)
3-  Added  Midnight  Commander on the image (yum install mc) for ssh root  logins  system management.

Hope this is of any interest
Richard Aubin VE2DJE  SYSOP for VE2RVL network