[arm-allstar] send courtesy beep to echolink users

LaRoy McCann lmccann at dtisp.com
Tue Mar 24 15:30:41 EST 2015

Doug,
Thanks for the reply's.

If this system was connected to another echolink system or allstar link
system then I certainly would not want to send messages to linked
systems. But it looks like if  I wanted to do so it should be able to do
it.  We have plans to link a couple of local repeaters together and I
could see it sending announcements across links at times.

Even the links you gave me show that telemetry should be able to go to
echolink.
http://docs.allstarlink.org/drupal/node/125
This shows "/There are 5 telemetry channels which can be individually
managed:/"
This shows Echolink to be a telemetry channel.

Is telemetry only "beeps" or is audio from playback and local play
considered telemetry?

Thanks,

LaRoy McCann, K5TW (formerly N5OHO)