[arm-allstar] New HAM need help with DTMF

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Jul 27 15:40:43 EST 2015

I have never had a problem with decode but then I don't buy Chinese radios at least not for use of the DTMF pad. I agree though that turning relax on in general is a real problem. Falsing is very very annoying. The right answer is to have tones that work! You get what you pay for and poor radio design is not a reason to make everyone else suffer from falsing.

The reason radio relax was created, and this was long before the cheap Chinese stuff, was so fast automated dialing would work. Just because Acid has something set by default does not make it right. It is also not clear that relax would solve this problem. It might just create others.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio