[arm-allstar] My Simpleusb

gm4upx at gb7jd.co.uk gm4upx at gb7jd.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 12:55:42 EST 2015

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 14:26:38 -0500
> From: Steve  Zingman <szingman at msgstor.com>
> To: arm-allstar at hamvoip.org
> Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] Simpleusb HELP
>
> Ian,
> I agree with Doug, The BF-888 does not provide access to the
> discriminator or modulator, so you will not be able to use the DSP in
> USBRadio to detect COS or CTCSS. The transmit is to the mic input, so
> sending CTCSS from the channel driver is no good.
>
> Use SimpleUSB and get your CTCSS detect from the audio chip as
> described
> by W0FCM. The only changes I would make is to remove the mic element or
> plug in a dummy plug to the 3.5 mm connector. I would also suggest
> getting receive audio from the volume pot.
> This way you don't have to worry about the volume getting bumped and
> changing your receive audio. The outside pin on the volume pot will
> give
> you de-emphasized receive audio at a fixed level to drive the URI. **
>
> 73, Steve N4IRS

Hello Steve,

That sounds a good idea for the audio, I'll make use of that in my " Mk2
" model.
I was curious how simpleusb stopped working for me, hence the reason for
trying usbradio with the BF-888.
Now I'm installing a fresh image and starting with the default settings.
While I sort this out I have two nodes running usbradio on my netbook
and when I connect another node locally that's configured with simpleusb
I get distorted audio via the simpleusb node but if I connect the
netbook nodes and the simplusb node to an external node the audio is
fine.
When I had the simplusb working I noticed that the rxed audio appeared "
louder " that the usbradio configured nodes, configuration again I
guess.

Regards,

Ian..