[arm-allstar] Simpleusb HELP

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Mon Jan 19 14:26:38 EST 2015

Ian,
I agree with Doug, The BF-888 does not provide access to the
discriminator or modulator, so you will not be able to use the DSP in
USBRadio to detect COS or CTCSS. The transmit is to the mic input, so
sending CTCSS from the channel driver is no good.

Use SimpleUSB and get your CTCSS detect from the audio chip as described
by W0FCM. The only changes I would make is to remove the mic element or
plug in a dummy plug to the 3.5 mm connector. I would also suggest
getting receive audio from the volume pot.
This way you don't have to worry about the volume getting bumped and
changing your receive audio. The outside pin on the volume pot will give
you de-emphasized receive audio at a fixed level to drive the URI. **

73, Steve N4IRS

--
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic