[arm-allstar] Software ver 1.2 and BBB ver B

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Jan 8 21:34:21 EST 2015

The BBB actually uses a rather sophisticated power controller which manages the input power path. You can follow this by looking at the BBB schematic and also at the controller chip documentation. The paths for microusb and the AC adapter inputs are different in the chip.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps65217.pdf

https://github.com/CircuitCo/BeagleBone-Black/blob/master/BBB_SCH.pdf?raw=true
Interestingly although not often talked about the controller includes a battery charging and controller circuit that could be used with the BBB. The connections are there to do it. The four pads behind the power connector.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio