[arm-allstar] UV-5R Connection Points

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Feb 1 13:09:02 EST 2015

Just a suggestion but the BF666 or BF888 make very inexpensive node radios that work very well. Rather than rip into your uv5r you could get an 888 for $17 from Amazon delievered in a few days. On any of these radios you have to go inside to get COS so while you are in there you mine as well get the other signals also, rather than use the mic connector. Taking the audio from the speaker output is not a good idea for a number of reasons. The volume control will vary the level, the distortion is higher. Leaving everything intact means you could easily return the radio to stock. See:

http://crompton.com/hamradio/baofeng888/
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio